Please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan (http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/)
to check if you need a visa to attend the conference.
If you need a visa, please follow the following steps - so that we can issue the Invitation Letter for temporary visitor visa application in your country:
- Complete the registration and pay the registration fee first.
- Please email with your name as in passport, paper ID, paper title, Date of Birth, etc. - with email title as -
"icIVPR18: For Visa - need invitation letter".
Venue: Kitakyushu International Convention Center, Kokura, Kitakyushu-city, Fukuoka, Japan
Access to the Venue:
For other route search, please use this English site:
- By Air: Use Kitakyushu International Airport
- Take the bus bound for 'Kokura Ekimae' and get off at Kokura Ekimae bus stop
- Find the venue.
- By Air: Use Fukuoka Airport. From Fukuoka International Airport:
- Take the Fukuoka City Airport Line subway and get off at Hakata station.
- Transfer to JR Kagoshima Line bound for Mojiko and get off at Kokura station.
- By Bullet Train (Shinkansen): Use Kokura station
We will update later.
Price may vary from time to time. You may use various hotel-related websites.
Kitakyushu city and its closest Shimonoseki city, Fukuoka city and near-by places have plenty of wonderful places for various age-groups - from natural wonders and beauties, to history, culture and food, in order to spend wonderful time here! We will provide travel info, maps, discount tickets, etc. during the conference. For details, visit a bit!
JR Pass: Click for details JR Pass to enjoy cheaper rides as many times as you want - all over Japan - read more for conditions. For tourist to cover various places, JR pass is the best choice [financially], but you MUST get the JR Pass from your country. Find details in this website.
During the conference, we will provide materials and some possible route plan to cover from one place to another. If you want to take any tour agent to move around by yourself, we can inform about them. Note that Japan is a highly secured place, and September with a lengthy sunshine - you can enjoy and learn from this lovely place! Anything missing!!! Sure! Search web for more info...
- Mojiko Retro Town [rickshaw tour through old streets, excellent view, Kanmon bridge, retro line, blue wing drawbridge, observation room/tower, Mojiko JR station]
- Castle Town Kokura! [Kokura castle, Japanese Garden, River-walk shopping mall, Tanga market, downtown Kokura, Chacha Town, Uomachi shopping arcade, museum, Zoo, etc.]
- Yahata Higashida! [Cable car, ropeway up to the top of highest point - Sarakura Mountain - enjoy the awesome evening and night view from the top of the mountain; Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History; Innovation Gallery and Studio; Environment Museum; Space World - an excellent space theme park; JICA center; AEON shopping center, etc.]
- Kawachi - Hiraodai Limestone Plateau [Several wonderful limestone caves; Haraodai countryside park; Calcareous cave; Hiraodai Nature Observation Center; Kawachi hot spring; Ajisai Hot spring; Kawachi reservoir; Sugao Falls; etc.]
- Kitakyushu Int. Airport in artificial island! Lovely view around
- Wakamatsu coastline [Wakato brdige; ferry; Senjojiki Rocks and the Myokenzaki lighthouse; Iwaya beach and many other coastal views; Sone tidelands; Oma bamboo park; Windmills; eco-town; Green Park - tropical garden, flowers, animals, Kangaroos, butter-flies, birds, lake with boats...!]
- Eco-Town tour! visit http://www.kitaq-ecotown.com
- A number of Universities to visit and make collaborations [Kyushu Institute of Technology - 3 campuses; Kitakyushu University - 2 campuses; Kitakyushu International University; Waseda University - Wakamatsu campus; etc.]
- Shimonoseki city - just the other side of the Mojiko retro area [you can go by Ferry or car or, walk under the sea by a tunnel!]. Shimonoseki city in Yamaguchi prefecture is another wonderful place to move around. Start with Akama shrine - a colorful lovely place; visit the aquarium; enjoy fresh kaikten/train-sushi; use speed-boat to visit an island near-by and return; etc.
- Fukuoka city has many lovely places to visit - from Hakata area to Tenjin area to the Botanical Garden, Zoo, the National Museum, etc.
- Nagasaki and Hiroshima can be accessed by train or bus and an hour distance by Bullet train!
- Enjoy active volcano in Aso mountain in Kumamoto. Get off at Kumamoto station by Bullet train from Kokura.
- many more options are around...
If you need any document or invitation letter well-ahead, please contact with us.
We are cordially waiting for your participation!!